Thursday, June 13, 2013

When you come to the end of your rope...


When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
I recently saw this saying and instantly subscribed to it. What a wonderful way of dealing with dead end situations. I totally agree. What else can you do when you come to the end of your rope? No more rope. You are screwed.
Or are you? You tie yourself a nice knot and hang on.
How do you hang on, you say. You hang on by believing in yourself, and that what goes around comes around. The universe is looking out for you. When one door closes, another one opens. I am sure most people heard of this saying or a variation of it.
God or universe, or call it what you will, works in mysterious ways. We never know what tomorrow holds. Just when you think you came to the end of your rope, a nice new one is thrown at you, and you have a new lifeline.
This is when having faith and believing in a higher power really comes in handy. I feel bad for those people who have no faith. They don't realize what they are missing, but on further reflection I have to admit that I cannot take credit for having faith.
I was blessed with it. So, I thank God, or universe, or call it what you will, for giving me faith. I don't think that I could have survived any number of extremely tough life lessons without it.
Faith is my lifeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment