Saturday, June 1, 2013

How to heal an injury


I can give you a true account of this personal experience. I swear by this technique.

It was in the early days of my Kriyayoga training when one day I slipped and twisted my previously damaged ankle. This had happened to me once before and I was off work for a whole week, I could not walk at all. I was bedridden until the ankle had healed a bit, then I hobbled for a long time. However, on this second occasion of the exact same type of injury I practiced “feeling my pain”. I don’t know what emergency service is like in your part of the world, but around here it is very common to wait in the emergency room for 8-10 hour, even longer. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, but that only got me to the hospital – it did not get me faster service. I spent an entire day sitting in their emergency waiting area to see a doctor. As it turned out, I never saw one; I simply gave up and signed myself out. The only thing they did was give me an ice pack for my ankle. So I sat there the entire day and felt the pain. I mean, I really felt it as I was taught by my yoga teacher. To my amazement, I was able to walk out of the hospital. This was truly a miracle for me and proof that “feeling your pain” really worked. My first injury had occurred about ten years previously and I was bedridden for a whole week. This time, my recovery was cut to a fraction of the time. When I told my yoga teacher about it, she was not surprised at all.

If you have pain anywhere, don’t panic and don’t think of it as a bad thing. Feel it, as completely and thoroughly as you can. You will be surprised how fast the area will heal all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment