Tuesday, July 23, 2013

From Gandhi

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~~ Mahatma Gandhi

Here are the words of a sage, and how true they are. It is beyond me when people think animals are not as important as people. They are God's creation. If you respect God, then you must respect all his creations.

I know that I am preaching to the choir, but as spiritual people we must try and do our part, I am only reiterating that. The first thing is we have to educate people to respect animals, and when they feel ready to love them and rescue them.

There are many animal shelters around the world that need our help. If you can, go and volunteer at one of them, wherever you are. If you can, make a donation; food, blankets, or money.

We must teach our children to respect animals and never hurt them. I believe it all starts with education.

I pray and dream of a world in which animal cruelty is EXTINCT, not animal species.

Please, do what you can to protect the animals that God has entrusted us with. It is our moral duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment