Monday, April 22, 2013

Calling all Insomniacs

I would like to share with you something I discovered that will put you to sleep in no time. No, it's not a boring book.

First a few general recommendations:

1. Make sure your bedroom is dark with as little light as possible. I put a piece of paper to cover the face of the alarm clock in my bedroom.

2. It is not a good idea to have a lot of electronics in your bedroom. Turn them all off; better yet move them to another room.

3. A hot bath or shower before bed to relax your tight muscles is highly recommended.

4. Make sure you are done eating several hours before your bedtime. Do not go to bed on a full stomach.

Okay, so far, I haven't told you anything you didn't already know.

Now, my big discovery from advanced meditation techniques!

Go to bed and get into your favourite sleeping position, close your eyes and move your gaze up to a point between your eyebrows. Do not strain your eyes. If your eyes hurt, it means you are forcing it. It should be a gently gaze up with no strain. You will see things in that spot: could be colours, shapes or just shades of black. Continue looking in that direction. It is never completely black. You will be surprised at the things you will see.

When I do this, within seconds I fall asleep. I shared this technique with a few friends who confirmed that it also worked for them.

So, don't waste another night counting sheep. Give it a try.

Good night!

Zzzzzzz.........

No comments:

Post a Comment