Saturday, April 6, 2013

Messages from the great beyond

I was driving to work one morning talking to my dearly departed father, asking for his help. My heart was aching, I was feeling lonely, without a shoulder I can lean on. Suddenly, a deer came out of the woods and looked me straight in the eyes. I slowed down to take in its beauty and immediately knew that the deer was a messenger from my father - telling me that he heard my cries. I was overcome with a tremendous sense of relief and peace in my heart. The hand that was squeezing my heart only seconds ago was gone. I watched the deer, gracefully lope over a cluster of bullrushes and disappear into the field. The sighting of the deer and the lightness of heart it brought me carried me over the next few weeks through a difficult time in my life. I could hear my father's voice speak to me as clearly as if he was standing next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment