Saturday, April 6, 2013

Magnet for animals

My daughter has always been a magnet for animals. Every stray dog in the neighbourhood ended coming up to her, they would follow her home, she'd put them in the backyard and call the Humane Society. I can't remember the number of times I came home to find yet another dog in the backyard. One time, it was a white cockatiel. I couldn't believe my eyes, this time it was a bird. My daughter had already given it a name: Angel. We put Angel with our other cockatiel and they became cage mates for the next two years. One morning, I came down to the kitchen where the cage was and found Angel at the bottom of the cage, on her side. I burst into tears. Angel was gone, she had passed on to the great beyond. My daughter was not surprised; she said Angel had come to her in her dream and she had woken up knowing that Angel was gone. My daughter has grown into a young woman now, she is no longer a child, but still has the same affinity with animals. Today, she was driving on a main road when out of nowhere out came a wild turkey, crossed the road and started running alongside her car and kept it up until my daughter turned on to another street. She pulled into her driveway, parked the car and started taking out the groceries. She had came back for more bags of groceries when she saw a snow white bunny munching on grass. My daughter, the animal magnet, ran in and came out with some carrots for the divine guest. The bunny happily accepted the peace offering of its hostess and devoured the carrots. My daughter is hoping the bunny will come back for more. I wouldn't be surprised if it does. 



Turkey represents pride, fertility, and generosity. White rabbit represents a visit from the divine.

I wonder what message these animals are delivering to my daughter. I have an idea, but for now I will keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment